The Centre for Urban Health Initiatives (CUHI), along with the Native Youth Sexual Health Network, Planned Parenthood Toronto, Gendering Adolescent AIDS Prevention (GAAP), Ontario HIV Treatment Network, Centre for REACH “Universities without walls training initiative”, Toronto Public Health, Indigenous Education Network, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education’s Adult Education & Community Development Graduate Program and others invite you to join us for the...
2010 “URBAN YOUTH AND THE DETERMINANTS OF SEXUAL HEALTH”
STUDENT RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM
This is a FREE symposium that will be held on THURSDAY, MARCH 25, 2010
Submissions are welcomed from Students interested in youth sexual health across Canada.
The goal of the symposium is to bring together university students to share their research and artistic pieces on youth sexual health and to engage and network with other students, academics, policy makers, and community members interested in Urban Youth and the Determinants of Sexual Health.
**DEADLINE FOR ALL ABSTRACTS IS FEBRUARY 3, 2010!**
WE ARE CALLING FOR SUBMISSIONS--research-focused or artistically-focused
(ie. film, photography, theatre, music, spoken word, etc.) on any of the following areas:
• Aboriginal sexual health and/or Indigenous methodologies and cultural
relevancies to sex education
• HIV/AIDS prevention, sexual health and harm reduction
• Intersectional approaches to equity and the social determinants of
adolescent sexual health
• Exploring the impact of sexual diversity on health
• Improving youth access to sexual health services and education
• Participatory methodologies that promote youth involvement,
leadership and community development
• Leveraging youth media for sexual health promotion
Three awards will be granted to students in categories of oral, poster, and artistic presentation.
The final deadline for abstract submissions is WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 03, 2010
For more information please find attached a detailed description of the Symposium, and a registration form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org