Submissions

WASH wants you to submit thoughts, articles, stories, links, ideas, reviews, stats/data, resources, questions…anything relevant to be posted on our blog!!!

E-mail: w_a_s_h_@hotmail.com

*Please indicate if you want your name to be published with your entry. If you want to be completely anonymous please feel free to access the following email account to contact us from here:

id: washanonymous@hotmail.com
password: secret

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Re: Parsley & Late Periods

I actually tried the parsley method a few months back. I read extensively and figured "why not?". At the point that I attempted it, I had started getting mild cramps and breast swelling (a sign of my period approaching) so I figured it might speed up the process. I didn't have cheesecloth so I simply picked a palm-full of fresh parsley from my herb garden, gave it a good wash and carefully bunched it into my vagina. I left it there for quite some time (several hours), and I repeated the process about 3 or 4 times, making sure to carefully remove every bit of parsley when I finished.

It didn't work at all. In fact my period came two weeks after this (I'm rarely late!)...maybe if I had tried this method past the time when my period was due it would have worked? I'm not sure if I'd try it again, but perhaps! One of my mother's friends swears by it, so maybe it was just a bad time for my body.

- Vivian

No comments: